OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB
To maintain the Hotel Excise Tax Records, along with internal examining of the monthly hotel reports; assisting staff, to collect, distribute, disburse and balance all money, ledgers and/or accounts for receivables or payables; to assist in keeping clients informed of department policies and procedures regarding payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB
- Processes bills, invoices, etc. and/or makes calculations as required for department documents.
- Receives and/or collects payments due department and disperses monies to proper accounts.
- Makes entries into computer programs to maintain accurate records for various accounts; reconciles accounts.
- Prepares and makes daily bank deposits, makes sum tape of deposits and maintains proper files of same.
- Prepares checks as necessary for supervisor's signature and approval; runs checks through signer.
- Mails general fund disbursements as required.
- Posts all accounts in computer and provides related financial reports as required.
- Prepares daily, monthly and yearly reports of money collected and disbursed; prepares and prints other reports as required.
- Assists clients at counter or on telephone with questions on payments, procedures or information; makes referrals as needed.
- Verifies all bills, invoices, checks and other documents for accuracy, completeness and classification; maintains proper accounting records.
- Reconciles bank statements as assigned.
- Interacts with internal staff and other external government agencies as needed to carry out essential job functions.
- Assists supervisor with various department projects or duties as assigned.
- Types various letters, notices and records as required by department.
OTHER DUTIES OF JOB
- Attends meetings, training, seminars as requested.
- Assists other clerical staff as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Receives occasional instruction and some supervision from Supervisor regarding daily work duties.
1. Works indoors in crowded work space, adequate lighting and ventilation, but subject to fluctuations in temperatures.
2. Normal office exposure to noise, stress and disruptions.
3. Normal exposure to indoor dust/dirt.
1. Must possess ability to record, convey and present information, explain procedures and follow instructions.
2. Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the work day, with intermittent periods of standing/walking and occasional periods of stooping, bending, twisting, reaching as
necessary to carry out essential job duties.
3. Dexterity requirements range from coordinated movements of fingers/hands to simple movements of feet/legs/torso as necessary to carry out essential job duties.
4. Sedentary work with occasional lifting/carrying of objects with weights of ten to twenty pounds, i.e., boxes, ledgers, supplies, etc.
5. Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work.
High school diploma or equivalency, plus a college/associate degree with some clerical, bookkeeping or accounting and computer training required.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
1 year working experience, preferably in financial/bookkeeping environment, or, any acceptable equivalent combination of education/training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be able to speak and understand the English language in an understandable manner to carry out essential functions of job.
2. Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Must possess excellent math and problem-solving skills and abilities.
4. Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and ability to work effectively with clients, general public, staff and others.
5. Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information and records.
6. Must possess the technical knowledge of operating personal computers and other office equipment with accuracy and reasonable speed.
7. Must possess knowledge of clerical bookkeeping principles and practices and ability to apply them to essential duties of job.
8. Must possess knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
9. Must possess ability to make math calculations accurately and within reasonable time period.
10. Must possess ability to apply bookkeeping principles and maintain moderately complex financial records.
In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.