Extrude Operator’s job entails producing products according to formula and roll specifications of the job orders. The main responsibility of the Extrude operator is to make sure the products are run accurately, and the formulas of the orders are correct to ensure the product is exactly what the customer wants them to be.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. without any help
- Must be able to stand and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work around large machinery.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Assists with the startup, assembly/disassembly, changeovers, and shutdown of machinery and production line equipment.
- Follows all relevant SOPs and corrective action procedures.
- Assures food safety standards with regards to GMPs and HACCP plan are being followed by self and fellow employees.
- Set up, start-up and run extrusion machines
- Load materials into extrude and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective product or machine malfunctions
- Observes and check finished product coming off the production lines to ensure good quality
- Responsible for detailed completion of production reports and quality control reports
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Maintain excellent communication with all team members and staff
- Must be capable of reading work instructions
- Must be capable of reading and adhering to safety rules
- Must be able to adapt and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be capable of maintaining good attendance
- Must be willing to cover another shift in the event of a call-off
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalency
- At least 1 year of machine operation experience
- Follows established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Minimum 1-year of manufacturing experience
- Food manufacturing experience preferred