PA CareerLink of Allegheny County is currently hosting a recruitment on behalf of a High Quality Construction employer seeking multiple Asbestos Handlers for the Hazlewood Green Project. The employer participates in all phases of general construction including demolition, asbestos abatement, lead and mold remediation and renovation work. This is a great step into a new and rewarding career.
Position starts at $14.00/hr, after training hours completed will go to $22.60/hr. Monday-Friday daylight.
You must not be afraid of heights. Position requires working at high levels.
- Removes asbestos from ceilings, walls, beams, boilers, and other structures, following hazardous waste handling guidelines: Assembles scaffolding and seals off work area, using plastic sheeting and duct tape.
- Positions mobile decontamination unit or portable showers at entrance of work area.
- Builds connecting walkway between mobile unit or portable showers and work area, using hand tools, lumber, nails, plastic sheeting, and duct tape.
- Positions portable air evacuation and filtration system inside work area.
- Sprays chemical solution over asbestos covered surfaces, using tank with attached hose and nozzle, to soften asbestos.
- Cuts and scrapes asbestos from surfaces, using knife and scraper.
- Shovels asbestos into plastic disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- Cleans work area of loose asbestos, using vacuum, broom, and dust pan.
- Places asbestos in disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- Dismantles scaffolding and temporary walkway, using hand tools, and places plastic sheeting and disposal bags into transport bags.
- Seals bags, using duct tape, and loads bags into truck.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
Requirements of position include:
- Experience in the construction field
- Ability to pass pre employment physical
- Comfortable with heights
- A valid PA Drivers License
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration.