CDL Driver Local Deliveries / Yard Jockey - Quakertown, PA - 488818
Job ID: 488818
Yard/Truck Driver. Loading and moving materials within the yard for a mulch and soil manufacturer. Making local deliveries. High activity, will require availability to work overtime hours as needed. Fast -paced operation.
Essential Skills and Expertise
* Job requires a great deal of responsibility as they will need to accurately select and stage trailers for loading and transport as well as maneuver trailers in and out of tight spaces
* Perform routine pre & post trip inspections on vehicles and trailers to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order
* Properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel, and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training
* Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test & observed road test
* Check all load-related documentation (logs & records) for completeness and accuracy
* Physically fit to climb & perform
* Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively with dispatch, Scale House and shipping departments
* Ability to work independently
* Possess great attention to detail
* Willingness to adhere to all Company Safety Policies including wearing Personal Protective Equipment when required
* Minimum 3-5 years of CDL A truck driving experience
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity