Estimator Job Description
REPORTING TO Management
Will be responsible for analyzing projects, estimating labor and materials costs, and communicating financial cost and project timelines to customers.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Positive Work Ethic
- Effective Communication
- Collaborative Relationships
- Continual Improvement
- Sound Decision Making
- Proven experience as estimator or similar position
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
- Proficient in relevant software (Timberline, Bluebook, Bluebeam)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant discipline
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.