WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Yard Loader Operator. This position will be responsible for efficient control of the raw materials and replenishment process.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct a complete pre- and post-shift safety inspection daily.
- Responsible for knowing aggregate products.
- Able to estimate weight when loading trucks either visually or grade, maintain stockpiles.
- Load customer trucks in a safe and accurate manner.
- Communicate with customer truck drivers to ensure quality service.
- Communicate repair and safety issues to supervisor and/or mechanic.
- Responsible for lubrication of truck and performing minor repairs on equipment
- Other job duties as assigned.
This position will be based at our Nazareth Quarry, Nazareth, PA.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Prefer high school diploma or general education (GED)
- Prefer two years of heavy equipment experience
- Open pit mining operations and aggregate products experience is a plus
- MSHA training a plus
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace
Line of Business
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled