This employee will perform a variety of tasks in all areas of code enforcement. He/she shall be responding to complaints and inquiries regarding violations of applicable municipal codes, to include building and zoning, as well as codes pertaining to quality of life issues, such as littering, dumping, sanitation, rental inspection, and others. Will conduct filed investigations and inspections and seek resolution to violations. Responsible for preparing and maintaining detailed written/electronic documentation. Candidates must have the ability to work courteously and tactfully with the public under stressful conditions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Computer experience a must, to include MS Office and I-Pad.
- General knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and construction.
- Knowledge of the materials and equipment used in general maintenance construction.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and members of the general public.
- Performs a variety of inspections to include, but not limited to, rental and private properties.
- Operate computer and I-Pad.
- May perform manual labor for extended periods under some unfavorable climatic conditions. May include frequent bending, squatting, standing, sitting, walking, and lifting objects over 50 lbs.
- May perform routine maintenance on machinery and tools.
- Operate motor vehicle.
- Perform related work as required.
- Valid PA operator's license.
- Must pass mandatory drug screen and background check.