- Mechanically inclined
- Forklift experience preferred
- Current driver's license.
- Federal Employment Identification Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – including but not limited to the following:
- Sorts scrap materials and/or processes materials.
- When in the steel yard area, required to handle and identify incoming non-ferrous scrap and relocate material to proper drop area of warehouse in order to keep scrap properly separated.
- When in the non-ferrous yard area, will handle and identify incoming non-ferrous scrap and locate proper drop off points in order to keep scrap properly separated.
- When in the warehouse area, will handle and identify incoming non-ferrous scrap (copper, brass, aluminum, etc.).
- May use plasma cutters and various equipment stationed in the warehouse such as balers, wire strippers, chop saws, shears, and other various equipment.
- May be required to operate bobcat or forklift.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices in the area of the lower yard and in other assigned work areas. This includes sweeping sidewalk, scale platforms, and other assigned work areas (weather permitting).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to wear a respirator conforming to the standards established in the Company Respirator Policy.
- Employee is required to wear a hard hat and safety eye protection at all times in a processing area.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.