Operates diesel, gasoline, or electric powered crane (Sennebogen 825M) to lift and move material and objects via magnet and grapple, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Inspects crane at beginning of each workday.
- Inspects equipment for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Operator is required to climb up to entry level of crane cab and check fluids and visibly inspect boom and all cables.
- Lubricates motor and moving parts of crane.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports.
- Starts engine and drives crane to work site, steering crane by moving levers and pressing pedals that control motion of crane.
- Pushes and pulls levers and presses pedals in response to hand signals to rotate crane on chassis and raise and lower crane boom and loadline.
- Operator may be responsible to assist customers in unloading scrap materials by relocating crane, when necessary, into proper receiving area.
- Operator is may occasionally be required to handle lightweight materials by picking up material by hand from customer vehicle and placing material in designated area.
- Maximum weight would be 50 pounds.
- Crane operator will occasionally be required to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities of Warehousemen, Burner, and General Laborer.
- Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write in English routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak in English effectively to communicate with customers and/or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current driver's license.
- Federal Employment Identification Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. .
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee is required to wear a hard hat and safety eye protection at all times in a processing area.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is required to wear proper ear protection while operating crane.