Maxwell Trucking and Excavating, Inc. has immediate openings for Drivers with a Class B CDL in our State College office. We are a growing company who has been in business for 28 years. The candidate will operate Tri-axle dump trucks for the safe, efficient, and economical movement of material from one location to another.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate tri-axle dump truck safely and efficiently on public highways and in off-road situations to deliver asphalt or aggregate material into asphalt paver, widener, stone box, storage bins or onto stockpiles. The operator will also haul other materials as needed such as soils, mulch, brush, etc.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Performed required administrative duties.
- Perform manual labor such as shovel material and roll tarps as assigned.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment as well as keeping it clean and serviceable at all times.
- State and Federal regulations regarding vehicle weights, rules of the road and hours of service.
- Local, state and federal traffic laws.
- Learn and follow Maxwell Trucking and Excavating, Inc. company policies and procedures.
- Properly and neatly maintain logbook according to Federal and State DOT requirements.
- Properly and neatly complete required Maxwell Trucking and Excavating, Inc. paperwork.
- Work with indirect supervision.
- Must possess minimum valid Class B PA Commercial Driver’s License with airbrake endorsements.
- Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience in a like-CDL vehicle required.
- Minimum of 1 year dump experience preferred but not required. ** Training available for the right person.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Pay.
- Bonus Program.
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Vacation pay ( after 1 year )
- Holiday pay ( available immediately )
- 401K Program.
Job Type: Full-time