Rigging Dept Craft Manager
Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US
30+ days agoRequisition ID: 1129
Supervises and directs activities of rigging workers by performing the following duties:
Responsible for safety, quality, schedule and budget of all assigned work. Responsible for administering discipline to assigned employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Demonstrates on a daily basis ownership, responsibility, and accountability (ORA)
• Complies with and implements company policies to enforce safety and environmental regulations, calling upon Human Resources or Environmental Manager if there is ever a question about fairness, legality or requirements or past precedent.
• Assists employees in resolving problems, proper ways to identify safety hazards to help aid in proper uses of JSA and completing Near Miss Report.
• Cooperates and collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities in various projects.
• Responsible for making calls as to which equipment to utilize in certain processes and improve process to save time and material using the continuous improvement tools. Expected to foster a climate and to generate continuous improvement in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of rigging department workers using the continuous improvement tools.
• Assists workers in resolving technical problems. Leads continuous improvement. Willingly offers his/her own ideas and ideas of other employees.
• Uses ADP Timekeeping system in accordance with payroll department.
• Generate and maintain schedules and adhere to budget on assigned projects.
• Generate estimates for rigging related work.
• Communicates and passes specifications, blue prints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• May be assigned to work any shift.
• Must be physically able to access and tour all spaces on board vessels and within facilities.
• Maintains communication with customer concerning assigned work.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Must meet equal employment opportunity objectives. Required to update sign for completed work / inspections on QA records. Complies with lock out / tag out procedures.
Complies and ensures compliance with the Company's "Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy" which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be business-like and free of bias, prejudice and harassment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word-Excel-Outlook) knowledge is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of five years related experience. Prefer an associate degree in the related discipline. Education and training may be substituted for some experience.
Sufficient knowledge of operating all equipment (Cranes, Forklifts, etc.) used in rigging.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic metrics, algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks, and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Must comply with all company and regulated safety requirements.
North Atlantic Ship Repair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates must apply via: www.nashiprepair.com