Requisition Number: 05259-POE
Job Title: Class A Linehaul Driver
Pay Scale: NE - $0.5513 cpm (L I)
CLASS A LINEHAUL DRIVER
TRUCK DRIVER - CDL DRIVER - LINEHAUL DRIVER - CDL CLASS A DRIVER
PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Class A CDL Road Driver at our Allentown, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, medical and prescription insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
* A minimum age of 25 years of age.
* All tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable driving experience (approximate 100,000 miles) or a minimum of one year of verifiable driving experience and a diploma from an accredited driving school that PITT OHIO approves.
* All Drivers must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by an approved PITT OHIO Trainer.
* All Drivers except sprinter truck drivers will be required to possess or obtain within 90 days Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsements on their current valid driver s license issued by the resident state in which they reside.
* All drivers to possess only one valid driver s license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from that state. Drivers will need to provide information on all previously held licenses within the past 36-month period.
* No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay and/or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time period.
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the MVR.
* Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Pitt Ohio must receive a negative result.
* PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
* There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or Controlled Substance test within the past 3-year period including a pre-employment test.
* Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30 days or more must be indicated and explained, you may be asked to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
* You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
* Drives a commercial vehicle safely primarily in our road operation during overnight hours. Terminal to terminal or terminal to a relay point and return to home terminal.
* Road operation is Monday Friday night, and occasional weekend. Drivers are home daily unless unforeseen circumstance arise such as weather.
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
MOS:88M Apply Now
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Email this job to a friend
Your email address:
Recipient's email address:
Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be interested.
Employer's Job# 05259-POE
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.