If you need to learn some additional skills before qualifying for a Registered Apprenticeship program, a pre-apprenticeship program might be for you! They provide foundation skills that employers are looking for, and are linked to existing Registered Apprenticeship programs.
Pre-apprenticeship programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter and succeed in a Registered Apprenceship program, and ultimately a career. They can be delivered by a range of entities including employers, community-based orgranizations, high schools, labor organizations, workforce agencies, or community colleges. For educational institutions, the programs are often integrated directly into their exisiting curriculum and structure. Pre-apprenticeship programs are linked with exisiting apprenticeships programs and provide the instruction, preparation, and supports to advance participants to apprenticeship programs or other careers.
The Benefits of Pre-Apprenticeship
Pre-apprenticeship programs expands participants’ career pathway opportunities with industry-based training and classroom instruction, preparing individuals to enter and succeed in registered apprenticeships.
Pre-apprenticeship training is a great way for participants to:
- Explore and learn about exciting careers.
- Qualify to meet the minimum standards for selection to a registered apprenticeship program.
- Benefit from classroom and technology-based training.
- Build the literacy, math, English, and work-readiness skills employers desire.
- Gain advanced standing in partnered registered apprenticeship programs.